Escuro

Tua Tagovailoa Stretchered Off After SEVERE Head Injury - Doctor Explains

Brian Sutterer MD
Inscrever-se
Visualizações 705 321
99% 32 000 1

An absolutely terrible sight as Tua hit his head for the second week in a row this NFL season and was stretchered off the field.

NFL and Football Videos:
brvid.net/group/PLr...

MY MUSIC:
Epidemic Sound - Sign up with this link for a FREE 30 day trial!
www.epidemicsound.com/referra...

Follow Me on Twitter!
twitter.com/briansuttererMD

I'm a doctor and a sports fan and this channel is dedicated to exploring the unique medical side of the world of sports, including NBA, MLB, NFL, UFC, and many more! Breaking down the biggest what ifs, historical injuries and stories, and making learning about medicine fun and relevant for all sports fans!

Anatomy images: www.biodigital.com

DISCLAIMER: Content not intended to be taken as medical advice. Opinions are my own and do not represent those of my employer. I have not personally treated or evaluated the individual(s) discussed in this video. Content used with educational and transformative intent within Fair Use Guidelines
Content owned and produced by Brian Sutterer LLC 2022

Publicado em

28 Set 2022

Compartilhar:

Compartilhar:

Baixar vídeos:

Carregando o link.....

Adicionar a:

Minha playlist
Assista mais tarde
Comentários 3 481
R3kt3e scurblerd
R3kt3e scurblerd Dia atrás
Doc, you are always on top of this stuff as fast as it happens. The sports world is lucky to have you.
Billsfan2012
Billsfan2012 17 horas atrás
As a Bills fan, I'm worried for Tua. I so much wanted Tua to be alright. He is an excellent example of a human and especially a role model. Prayers for Tua and his family. I thought about Tua when he was injured when the Bills and Dolphins played last Sunday. Thought it was weird that he was back on the field so quickly. Get well Tua.
John Alderman
John Alderman 22 horas atrás
I had a TBI when I was just a bit younger than he is. It was the most challenging thing I have ever gone through. I went from, time of my life, to crushing depression with no loss of limb to explain it. Depression can come out of nowhere after TBI. I hope he understands that situations are situational, and the feelings that go along with those life changes can be hard to handle with style and grace. Life’s good my man. We are all wishing you well from a good and real place. Much love :)
pharcydefan
pharcydefan 22 horas atrás
I once had a bad concussion from getting elbowed in the head, and that took me about 3 months to recover... to work in the office. I hope he gets enough time to let his brain fully recover!
Robert Andrade
Robert Andrade 21 hora atrás
Mad respect for big #68 of the Bengals for being aware of the danger Tua was in immediately after the play.. signaled the sideline for medics as soon as he went down.. true professional
L.A. BOY
L.A. BOY 23 horas atrás
Just the fact that they let him go back out there just 4 days after the first head injury is shocking. Sure he cleared protocol, but the logical thinking would be to not risk something like this happening again right away. Hopefully he's okay. 🙏
Ariel Richmond
Ariel Richmond Dia atrás
I can't believe he was playing after last week.... I really hope he is ok.
Gregg Chaffin
Gregg Chaffin 22 horas atrás
This is a perfect example of “it’s all fun and games until someone gets hurt”. It humbled you real quick. Of course these grown men understand the risks of the game, but that doesn’t lessen how scary it is when it happens.
ᔆᵒᵉ
ᔆᵒᵉ 18 horas atrás
I was watching live and the fact that he got cleared to leave so fast and will be traveling back with the team.. that’s surprising the crap out of me. It’s like this dude can get hit with a truck, wake up and start walking again like he’s super man. I truly hope he’ll be okay and nothing is going on. Being a mad supporter of Tua and a Dolphin’s fan.. this breaks my heart seeing our QB continuously getting hurt like this..
Nicole Burns
Nicole Burns 16 horas atrás
This happened to my son his freshman year during a football game. His arms locked up just like this as he laid there for about 10 seconds and then tried getting up. Took him to the hospital and showed the video to the ER Dr who said that was classic concussion posturing and he had a number of tests done. He was in concussion protocol for about 4 weeks and then played one more game that season but was really hesitant and scared so he never played football again.
The Angry Cowboy
The Angry Cowboy 21 hora atrás
It broke my heart when he came back in after his "back" last week. I feel every bit of the frustration you mentioned and yet all I can do is hope that he is okay. Way to go, Miami... Hope it was worth it.
Blue
Blue 20 horas atrás
Scary stuff when you really watch the clip, looks like Tua's conscious went out on the just twist alone, soon as his head swung like that off the twist he went straight to posturing. Tua has battled injuries all the way till now and this team is his best opportunity yet! Prayers up for Tua! 🙏🙏
MA
MA Dia atrás
The Dolphins are legitimately risking this man’s career, health and life right now. The whole medical staff needs full accountability and review because that was noooo back injury 4 days ago… now this. 🙏🏽 Tua
Boss Killa
Boss Killa 19 horas atrás
Tua has been through so much already. Including his College days the fact this man has fractured his hip and then had 2 concussions in the span of 4 days and on top of THAT had a back injury. Absolutely devastating and brings a new appreciation for these players who put their bodies on the line for our entertainment.
Jai Kaka
Jai Kaka 22 horas atrás
Praying for Tua and his family, praying for a speedy recovery. This was so terrible to watch today especially after watching last week's game. Very disappointing he was cleared for today's game smh, should of let him rest. Get well Tua 🙏
Jay Day
Jay Day 18 horas atrás
I believe the hardest part in situations like this, is the recovery rate and reaction of the injured party is so different from person to person. I was knocked completely out and recovered very fast but then 2 weeks later sustained another head injury that effected me very bad
Coriè Thomas
Coriè Thomas 17 horas atrás
As every season go by, I realize how smart it was of Andrew Luck to do what he did. Tua young & I hope he makes a full recovery but in his later years in life I can see this coming back to haunt him as it does with boxers.
Karla Burgos
Karla Burgos 22 horas atrás
This is extremely concerning and upsetting. I pray he will be ok.
Solace
Solace Dia atrás
This man has overcome some crazy injuries.. like serious gruesome injuries. I hope he recovers and is okay.
david graham
david graham 16 horas atrás
Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins suffered 2 concussions within 4 days of each other in 2010 and ultimately didn't return to playing again until well into the 2011 season (he also just suffered another concussion in practice for this upcoming season). He admits that he still has occasional headaches and memory lapses. If professional sports (including the NFL) don't do something to develop and improve head protection the game could be threatened.
Próximo
Hurricane Ian lays waste to Florida
7:46
Visualizações 1 400 000
Can Lego Play the Drums?
6:12
Visualizações 1 600 000
DART Impact
0:40
Visualizações 275 729
OUR EMPTY HOUSE TOUR 😱
15:09