We love Morelia's beauty, Michoacan food, & after-dark events, but this is our last Mexico travel vlog here.
►Save $40 on Airbnb with our link (+ it helps us continue traveling!) abnb.me/e/yML8JvquLU
We have spent two weeks in Morelia, Michoacan. During that time, we've had the opportunity to visit museums, enjoy the gorgeous architecture, learn more about the history of Morelia, and explore a brand new city and culture we had never experienced.
Many people told us not to visit Michoacan because it's considered one of the most dangerous states in Mexico, but we did not experience any violence or danger during our trip. Well, unless you consider being so close to fireworks at the Morelia Cathedral to be especially dangerous. We think Laska had the best time of her life during this trip in Morelia, Mexico.
If you're looking for what to do in Morelia, we totally recommend trying some of the comida Michoacana (Michoacan food) if you travel to Morelia: we enjoyed gazpacho, corundas, local cheese, and local Mezcal! There is SO much food we didn't get the opportunity to try while in Michoacán, so we hope to come back and visit again. Perhaps on our next trip, we can visit the neighboring Pueblos Magicos and towns of Patzcuaro, Tzintzuntzan, Santa Clara del Cobre, and others.
Find out why we're only putting out two travel Mexico vlogs about Morelia despite us being here for two weeks. The reason might not be what you think. And join us for our next Mexico vlog as we share some of the tourist traps and scams from our trip to Playa del Carmen. After that, we'll be heading to the state of Hidalgo for the first time to visit Grutas de Tolontongo!!
OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTS IN MORELIA:
1. Restaurante Lu Cocina Michoacana - Fine dining at affordable prices. A great place to try traditional Michoacan food.
2. La Cerrada Elote Morelia - This is the best elote in Morelia! It has all the sauces you could ever want for your elote/esquite (corn).
3. La Cerrada Gazpacho Morelia - Truth be told, this is the only gazpacho we tried in Morelia, but a giant cup was 35 pesos and delicious!
4. Panoli Morelia - This Morelia restaurant has excellent prices, good food, and a great view of the cathedral in El Centro de Morelia. It also has a bakery attached with mouth-watering pastries and sweet bread (pan dulce).
5. Tata Mezcaleria - Another great restaurant with traditional comida Michoacana, mezcal, and excellent service. Higher prices than Lu Cocina, but the food is worth it.
6. Cafe Loto - If you're looking for well-priced, fresh vegan food, this is the place to go! It's very close to El Centro of Morelia with a quaint atmosphere.
(We are NOT paid by these restaurants to include our recommendations. We're sharing these spots to help others have an enjoyable time in Morelia, Mexico.)
ABOUT US (MADDIE & JORDAN)
In January 2018, we sold everything we owned in the US (except our husky Laska & what fit in our tiny, tangerine Prius C3) to travel the world-starting with Mexico. Since then, we've been making travel videos about our life in Mexico and the new experiences we encounter while traveling the world. If you'd like to join our shenanigans, subscribe to our BRvid channel. You can also poke around our social media to find out what we’re up to each week.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Tangerine Travels perks & apparel!
► PATREON: www.patreon.com/tangerinetravels
► OUR STORE: www.tangerinetravels.com
Things we mention in our videos!
► Save $40 on Airbnb: abnb.me/e/yML8JvquLU
► Our camera gear & travel essentials: www.amazon.com/shop/tangerinetravels
► How we learn Spanish: www.TangerineSpanish.com
Follow us on social media!
► FACEBOOK: facebook.com/tangerinetravels
► INSTAGRAM: instagram.com/tangerinetravels
► TWITTER: twitter.com/tangerinetravls
► BUSINESS & COLLABORATION INQUIRIES: firstname.lastname@example.org
► TANGERINEYS (NON-BUSINESS): email@example.com
► TIP JAR (PAYPAL): www.paypal.me/tangerinetravels
A HUGE THANK YOU to our Muy, Muy Mandarinas
and Executive Tangerineys on Patreon!
❤ Shawn McAllister + Josie & Steve ❤
We ONLY include affiliate links for products we use, love, and trust. If you make a purchase after clicking on our links, we may earn a commission which helps us continue our travels and produce more videos.
#TangerineTravels #Morelia #Michoacan